Friday, April 18, 2014

La aventura de "Los Amigos"

The "Burrito Amigo" at Los Amigos
Woohoo! It’s payday and that means that I was finally able to go to Los Amigos on Stadium Drive and do my restaurant assignment.
I wanted to go to Los Amigos because I have never really had authentic Mexican food before, I mean I’ve had Chipotle, Taco Bell and Qdoba but that’s not Mexican food at all.
I also wanted to try Los Amigos because I had read Like Water for Chocolate that dealt heavily with Mexican culture and Mexican cuisine, so I wanted to give it a try.
My friend, Domenica and I went around lunch time and was instantly sat and given a fresh basket of tortilla chips with probably the one of the best salsas I’ve ever had. 
Not wanting to spend a bunch of money, I ordered a simple, but large burrito called “Burrito Amigo” which I believe translates to “burrito friend…?”
Domenica was boring and wasn’t hungry so she munched on tortilla chips.
I was going to ask my server what it meant but he had already scribbled down my order and was off to give it to the kitchen.
Not 15 minutes later, he comes out with a piping hot platter of refried beans, fried rice, with lettuce, sour cream, tomato and cheddar cheese on top of a beef burrito.
I really had to pace myself throughout the meal, it was sooo good and you can totally tell that the ingredients were carefully homemade.
 
It wasn’t busy at all, but for some reason, the wait staff was always on the go. Nobody was standing around or making small talk with patrons.
When I asked for my check, I was still eating my burrito and when he dropped the check off, he picked up my plate and dropped it into the bus tub behind our table.


Damn.
And I had a decent sized portion left to eat too… Oh well, I guess I know what to order when I go back. It was delicious! They seemed to have a large selection of food too, so I may be brave and order something completely different next time!
I guess, I should just be more defensive over the food I’m eating before I let someone take it away from me again! Haha.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love Los Amigos. I could eat their chips and salsa until I burst!

    ReplyDelete